Sunday, February 9, 2014

Humans of Perugia - le persone in foto, i loro pensieri


Note from Stephanie Seymour
"I had no idea what I would be getting into, dong this project. It is giving me so much. I meet lots of people, I hear lots of good thoughts, I see people happy to partecipate which makes me, in turn, happy. I learn lots of things, I enjoy taking photos of some interesting, attractive, colorful, happy, and more serious and intense looks in the many faces of people with many different stories to tell. Yes, it really is an adventure that I am enjoying. 

"Non avevo idea di quello che sarebbe successo cominciando questo progetto. Mi da veramente tanto. Incontro tante persone, sento molti pensieri belli, vedo la gente felice di partecipare, che in turno, mi fa felice. Imparo molte cose, mi piace fare le foto delle persone con visi interessanti, belli, coloriti, felici, e delle vole espressioni più seri e intensi,  visi di tante persone con tanto da raccontare. Sì, veramente è un'avventura che mi piace. 
"Come si sente di essere i nuovi proprietari di un locale come Sandrì, che è sempre stato così speciale  a Perugia?"
"A me e alla mia famigliaci dà una grande emozione essere artifici di un locale così importante ai cittadini di Perugia."

"How does it feel to be the new owners of a bar such as Sandrì's that has always been so speciale to Perugia?"
"To me and to my family we are very moved emotionally to be the owners of such an important place to the people of Perugia." 

 "Italia sarebbe tanto da cambiare a livello politico e gestionale. Però gli Italiani si rimboccano sempre le maniche, riescono sempre ad uscire a situazioni difficili."

"Italy would have many things that should be changed on a political level as well as how things work. However, Italians always roll up their sleeves, and are always able to get out of difficult situations."

"I Perugini di oggi sono bravi. Io vengo da 1945 ogni martedì e sabato a vendere cermica e terrecotte, ornamentali da giardino." "Agli stranieri piacciono?" "Sì agli stranieri piacciono tanto."

"The Perugini of today are good people. I have been coming here since 1945, every Tuesday and Saturday to sell ceramics and ornamental clayware for the garden." "Do foreigners like your ware as well?" "Yes, they like it very much." 


"Mi trovo ad inseguire il tramonto e la sorpresa diventa che veramente c'è qualcosa di molto gratificante a stare sveglia più tardi del sole e poì essere prima del sole per cominciare il giorno dopo."

"I find that I like to follow the sunset and the surprise is that there is really something gratifying in staying up later than the sun and then beating it to the day."

"LA VITA E' BELLA" (il titolo del mio scritto)
"Il film La Grande Bellezza" di Sorrentino ha vinto l'Oscar. La persona che l'ha vinto si chiama Sorrentino. Lui è Napolitano. Mia nonna ed i suoi parenti si chiamano Sorrentino. Mia madre non era mai stata al cinema prima che uscisse questo film e ha visto questo film che ha vinto l'Oscar.
Il 23 febbraio mia madre si è tola la vita. La frase torna ed io voglio dire a mia madre che "LA VITA E' BELLA" e doveva vivere per NOI come lo sta facendo adesso dall'alto dei cieli. Se noi esistiamo è perchè qualcuno l'ha voluto. L'ha voluto fortemente perchè non si nasce così...non è possibile buttarla via così"

"LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL" (the title of my writing)
"The film "La Grande Bellezza" of Sorrentino won an Oscar. The person who won it is named Sorrentino, who is from Naples. My grandmother and her relatives are named Sorrentino. My mother had never been to a cinema to see a film before this film came out and won the Oscar. On February 23 my mother took her life. The phrase "life is beautiful" comes back again, and I want to tell my mother that "LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL" and they she should have lived for US like she is doing now, from heaven above. If we exist it is because someone wanted us to. They wanted it very strongly, because one isn't born for no reason...it isn't possible to throw away a life like this."
 "Noi siamo una famiglia piena di impegni come tante altre famiglie e riusciamo comunque a condividere il nostro affetto e la nostra vita con una bambina di 4 anni e un bambino in arrivo, e con tanti animali. In famiglia tutti hanno lo stesso ruolo e la stessa importanza e per questo siamo una famiglia felice."

"We are a family with lots of things to do like many other families but however, we are able to divide our affection and our lives with a child of four years old and another one in arrival, as well as with many different pets. In our family we all have the same role and the same importance and for this we are a happy family. 
"Il mio cane me da tanto amore e tanta felicità. Con lei passo le bellissime giornate e facciamo lunghissime passeggiate."

"My dog gives me so much love and happiness. With her I spend beautiful days together and together  we take long walks"

(Boy from Afghanistan)
"What is life like as a young husband?" "Life is beaufitul with Caterina."
 "What is the most beautiful thing about it?" "The nicest thing is that love is beautiful."
 "And that is all?" "Yes, because it's the most beautiful thing."

(Ragazzo di Afghanistan)
"Com'è la vita da giovane sposo?" "La vita è bellissima con Caterina." "E la cosa più bella?" "La cosa più bella è lamore." "E basta?" "Sì, basta, perchè à la cosa più bella".

(from Ucraine, mother and her son)
"I came from Ucraine to Italy to give a better future to my children, better than that which we had there. We studied a lot and it didn't do us any good at all. I want my youngest daughter, Elisa, to study in Italy and to have the opportunity to make a place for herself in the European community. Vasily, I hope that he is able to become a professional sportsman. He works out swimming everyday in the pool and plays water volleyball. I am waiting for my hustand Eugenio, who after 15 years of working in Ucraine as a lawyer, has decided to come to Italy to study and start all over again in order to be with his family. For me, I don't wish for anything if the people who I love are well, I am happy." 

(madre e figlio dall'Ucraina)
"Sono arrivata dall'Ucraina in Italia per dare un futuro migliore ai miei figli, meglio di quello che abbiamo avuto noi. Abbiamo studiato molto e non è servito a niente. Io voglio che la figlia piccola, Elisa, studi in Italia e abbia delle opportunità di realizzarsi nella Comunità Europea. Vasily, che abbia l'opportunità di diventare un grande sportivo. Lui si allena tutti i giorni in piscina e gioca a pallanuoto. Aspetto mio marito Eugenio, che dopo 15 anni di lavoro in Ucraina come avvocato, ha deciso di venire in Italia e studiare e ricominciare da capo tutto a stare di nuovo con la propria famiglia. Io per me non voglio niente, se le persone che amo stanno bene, io sono felice."


"Is it important to smile and be friendly?" "I like to be friendly because it is something that can heal someone. So, I'm happy because just a smile can make a difference, maybe for just one second, but it can still make a difference."

"E' importante sorridere e essere amichevole?" "A me piace essere amichevole perche è qualcosa che può guarire gli altri. Così sono felice perche un sorriso da solo può fare la differenza, forse solo per un secondo, ma comunque può fare una differenza."


"What quality do you like in a person?"
"I like people who are happy."
"Do you have a specific person like this?" "Yes my wife." "You are married?" "Yes, she is my special person." "Where is she?" "When I wanted to have her come here to Italy, I could not because I don't have a job. If you want to bring someone you must have a job. This is a law of this country. I also have a son in Somalia, it has been five years I don't see them."

"Che qualità ti piace in una persona?" 
"Mi piacciono le persone che sono allegri."
 "Hai una persona in specifica che ha questa qualità?" "Sì, mia moglie." "Tu sei sposato?" "Sì, lei è la mia persona speciale." "Dov'è ora?" "Quando volevo che lei venisse qui in Italia, non è stato possibile perchè sono senza lavoro. Se vuoi portare qualcuno qui, devi avere un lavoro. Questa è la legge in questo paese. Ho anche un figlio in Somalia, sono cinque anni che non li vedo." 
"Da dove vieni?" "Dall'Iraq" "Che cosa ti piace fare?" "Mi piace scrivere della mia storia personale. Ho già scritto tante pagine ma scrivo nella mia lingua. Quando sono stato in Francia, vedevo delle cose e ne ho scritto. In Francia sono stato in prigione per dieci giorni perchè ero entrato illegalmente (non perchè ho fatto qualcosa). "E' stato un'esperienza brutta?" "Sì, ero solo per dieci giorni da sola. Era buio, non capivo se era giorno o notte. Una cella senza finestre. Mi hanno dato da mangiare una volta al giorno."

"Where are you from?" "From Iraq" "What do you like to do?" "I like to write about my own personal story. I already wrote many pages in my language. When I was in France, I saw lots of things and I wrote about them. In France I was in prison for ten days because I had entered the country illegally (not because I had done anything else wrong)." "Was it a terrible experience?" "Yes, I was alone for ten days. It was dark, I couldn't tell if it was day or night. I was in a cell without windows. They gave me food once a day." 
"My name is Larisa and I come from Moldavia. I take part in the Association for Immigrants and I am very happy to partecipate in the Ubuntu project to be able to help people who need our support." 

"Sono Larisa, vengo da Moldavia. Faccio parte della Consulta per Immigrati e sono molto contenta che posso partecipare al progetto Ubuntu per poter aiutare le persone che hanno bisogno del nostro sostegno."

"I was born at Piazza di Spagna in Rome. At thirteen during the Hippy Era, I learned all my life experiences, and how to make leather articles, that is still my favorite kind of work. In spite of all the years that have gone by with much travel and change of residence, I always have based my work on that of a street artigian. My experiences in the past have helped me to resolve those of my future. Even though people think that I am a strange kind of person, I am the father of an little girl adopted in Ucraine."

"Sono nato a Piazza di Spagna a Roma. A 13 anni a l'Era dei "Hippy" ho imparato tutte le mie esperienze di vita, la lavorazione della pelle che ancora ora è il mio lavoro preferito. Nonostante tutti gli anni passati reduce da viaggi e molte sistemazioni, mi sono sempre basato sull'artigianato di strada. Non tradendo le mie esperienze passate mi hanno aiutato a risolvere le esperienza del futuro. Oltre che la gente pensi che io sia strano, sono un padre adottivo (ho adottato una bimba in Ucraina)."

"I'm a very positive person. I like to see the glass half full rather than half empty. And so, even though we are living in very difficult times, I am convinced that sooner or later we will be able to have moments that are much more serene."

"Sono una persona molto positiva. Mi piace vedere il bicchiere mezzo pieno e non mezzo
 vuoto. E quindi, anche se viviamo in un momento molto difficile sono convinta che prima
 o poì riusceremo ad avere momenti più sereni."


"What is it dealing with such a vast public?" "It can be rewarding, difficult and gratifying. It depends on the situation." "I noticed last time I came here that you smile and are patient, you know how to get along with the public." "You learn constantly to deal with different situations, but at the beginning it's difficult, everyone has their own character, each one their one way of behaving. Every situation is different from the next."

"Trattare con un vasto pubblico cosa significa?"
"Può essere appagante, pesante e gratificante.  Dipende dalla situazione". "Ho visto entrando qui l'altra volta che riesci a mantenere un sorriso e pazienza, che tratti bene il pubblico." "Costantemente uno impara a gestire le situazioni ma all'inizio è anche difficile, ogni persona ha suo carattere, il suo modo di comportarsi. Ogni situazioni è diversa dall'altra."


"Actually I like what just happened by chance, let's say, that destiny made that we should meet this evening. Because I was doubtful whether to come here this evening or not. And that fact that I forced myself to come led to meeting you who immediately asked to photograph me in a moment that the relationship I have with my body is more complicated than usual. And I believe that these things don't just happen by chance."

"In realtà mi piace quello che è stato il caso, diciamo il destino che ci ha portato a conoscerci questa sera. Perchè io ero in dubbio se venire o meno. E il fatto di essermi sforzata a venire mi ha fatto conoscere te che subito mi hai chiesto di fotografarmi in un momento in cui il rapporto che ho con il mio corpo è ancora più complicato del solito. E io credo che queste cose non succedono mai per caso."
"Ho bisogno di aiuto per sopravvivere. Ho dolore fisico nello stomaco e ogni giorno ho dolore nel corpo. Sono stata all'ospedale per ricevere medicina. Ho vissuto a Foggia ma non mi hanno dato documenti. Se avessi documenti potrei lavorare. Questa è la mia storia." 

 "I need help to survive. I have physical pain in my stomach and pain everyday in my body.
 I went to the hospital to get medicine. I stayed in Foggia but they didn't give me documents.
 If I had documents I could go to work. This is my story."

 "C'è un'anima particolare in questo locale d'arte?"
"Qui con l'arte ci lavoriamo, incontrando tanti pittori. Io, mai pensavo di fare un lavoro così, di lavorare in stretto contatto con artisti e anche gente comune. Molte volte quando si deve fare una cornice si deve consigliare il modo di farla possibilmente accontentando il cliente o artista."

"Is there a particular feeling in this art environment?"
"Here we work with art, meeting many painters. I would have never thought I would be doing this kind of work, working in close contact with artists and the general public. Many times when you have to make a frame you have to suggest the best way of doing so, in order to satisfy the client or artist."
"Nei rapporti di lavoro avuti con il Maestro Bacosi nel darsi consigli di lavoro una volta fui bloccato dal dialogare con il Maestro in quanto mi dissi "Il regista sono sempre io."

"In the work relationship that I had with painter Maestro Bacosi, in giving him some suggestions regarding some work, one time I was stunned while speaking with him when he told me "I am always the director of the work."

"I'd like to invite people to live the city in a positive and united way. My contribution
 consists of capturing photographic images that tell the story about the city."

             "Vorrei fare un invito a vivere in modo positivo e solidale la città. Il mio contributo consiste
              nel catturare immagini che raccontano la storia della città."
"I only have one thing to say, Rex is very very intelligent. He has even saved the life of a person. Also he is sociable with everyone, children, other dogs, he gets along with cats and all living things. He is everyone's friend and the nephew of Free Thinker (Vittorio Gorini)." "In fact, I saw when you signed your name, your last name is that of the famous Gorini. So you are relatives?" "He was the brother of my grandfather. Fiorella Gorini is the niece of the Free Thinker, and she is my aunt. My name is Monica." "So, you take after the great Gorini?" "Yes, very much. Because I believe that he has done much good for this city and for the people who live, and have lived here, so much that people adore him, a bit like he was an artist."

"Io ti posso dire solo una cosa, Rex è intelligentissimo. E ha salvato anche la vita di una persona. Poì lui è socievole con tutti: bambini, altri cani, va d'accordo con i gatti e tutti gli esseri viventi. Lui è l'amico di tutti, è il nipotino del Libero Pensatore." "Infatti, ho visto mentre firmavi il consenso, il cognome tuo, cioè, Gorini. Sei un parente allora?!" "Lui era il fratello di mio nonno. Gorini Fiorella è la nipote del Libero Pensatori (Vittorio Gorini) che sarebbe mia zia. Io mi chiamo Monica." "Allora, hai ripreso da lui?" "Sì, tanto. Perche ritengo che lui abbia fatto tanto bene a questa città e alla gente che la vive (e che ha vissuto qui) al punto che tutt'ora la gente lo adora, è un pò come un pittore."


"Perugia is beautiful and is work visiting. The city is like a little jewel."
"Perugia è bella, vale la pena di essere visitata. Perugia è una piccola bomboniera ."

Al mercato con poco pubblico e tanta pioggia è stato un piacere trovare una donna sorridente disponibile a dire qualche parola e farsi fotografare con il suo super ombrello: 
"I'd like to go back to the 1970's and '80's but not to be young again, but because there was more joy and more smiles, and let's say maybe, more honesty. This is the thought I would like for my grandchildren."

"Io vorrei tornare agli anni '70 - '80 ma non per l'età ma perche c'era più gioia, più sorrisi e diciamo un pochino più onestà, forse. Questo è il pensiero che vorrei per i miei nipoti."
"Writing is good, thinking is better. Intelligence is good, patience is better. I think that the combination of both my mistakes and my good luck have given me the result of what I am today."

"Scrivere è bene, pensare è meglio. L'intelligenza è bene, la pazienza è meglio. Credo che l'insieme degli errori comesi e delle fortune abbiano dato il risultato di quello che sono oggi."

"What are the qualities that you especially appreciate in a person?"
"Balance and warmth."

"Quale sono le qualità speciali che trovi in una persona?"
"Equilibrio e solarità"

"The thing that everyone says about this bar is that we have created a family atmosphere. Everyone feels like friends here and are sure to find a happy place where they feel a close bond."

"Quello che mi dicono tutti di questo bar è di aver ricreato un clima familiare. Tutti si sentono amici sicuri di ritrovarsi in allegria in un posto che li accomuna."

"Who has made a big difference in your life?"
"The person who has influenced me in my life is my mother because she is the only person who has always found the right way to help me see life through different eyes. She has taught me to smile in spite of everything and always to see the positive side of things because there always is a positive side."

"Chi ha fatto una grande differenza nella tua vita?"
"La persona che mi ha segnato la mia vita è mia madre, perchè è l'unica persona che trova sempre il modo giusto per farmi guardare la vita con occhi diversi. Mi ha insegnato a sorridere sempre nonostante tutto e a guardare sempre il lato positivo delle cose perchè un lato positivo c'è sempre."
"Il mio messaggio all'Italia. Noi sappiamo che l'Italia è un paese buono. E le persone sono tanto gentili, e le persone che abitano a Perugia sia le ragazze che i ragazzi che le persone anziane, uomini e donne sono gentili e generosi. Ma il problem è che i giovani hanno bisogno di lavorare. Anche IO ho bisogno di un lavoro.
Così la situazione è che per me non c'è lavoro. 
La gente intorno a me mi aiuta." "Ma tu qui sei solo?" "No, ho famiglia qui."
""Non ci sono soldi per mangiare, per dare da mangiare alla famiglia." "Come fai allora, com'è hai soldi per mangiare?" "Vendo asciugamani, fazzoletti, chi compra mi aiuta, ma anche chi non compra mi da qualche soldo."

"My message to Italy: we know Italy is a good country. And the people here are very kind and people who live here, both young women and young men, and also old women and old men are very kind and giving. But the problem is that young people need work. And also I need work. So the situation is there is no job for me. People around me help me." "ARe you alone here?" "No, I have family here." "There is no money to feed myself and to fee the family." "How do you feed yourself then?" "I sell towels, kleenex. Whoever buys them helps me, whoever doesn't buy gives me a little money."

 "Il ponte sull'eternità....il risveglio degli dei dimenticati."
"A bridge on eternity.....the waking up of forgotten gods."

"Quanto è bella la mia vita, complessa, complicata, difficile, interessante, carica di
 gratificazioni. Non ne avrei voluta un'altra. Ognuno di noi deve operare a finchè le cose
 cambino intorno a noi. Non dobbiamo guardare troppo lontano."

"How beautiful my life is, complex, complicated, difficult, interesting, full of gratification.
 I wouldn't have wanted a different one. Each one of us has to work until things change
 around us. We shouldn't look too far into the distance."

 "Be yourself"
"Sia te stesso"
"Life is moving" (La vita è movimento)
"Perchè questo?"
"Noi ci ocupiamo di arte in movimento e quindi è la vita che è in movimento."

"Life is moving"
"Why do you say this?"
"We deal with art transport, and so, it is life that is in movement."
"Ho bisogno di un lavoro in questo paese. Sono qui in questo paese da due anni e non c'è lavoro per me. Ho anche il documento per poter lavorare."

"I need a job in this country. I have been here for two years and there is no work for me. I have the document necessary to work."

"Sono arrivata a Perugia cinque anni e mezzo fa. Mi sonno innamorata di questa città e delle persone che ho incontrato. Per questo adesso è difficile pernsare di vivere in un altra città. Vorrei poter condividere la bellezza di questo posto con tutte le persone a cui voglio bene e che vivono lontano da qui."

"I came to Perugia five and a half years ago. I fell in love with this city and the people that I met. For this reason now it would be difficult to live in another place. I would like to be able to share the beauty of this place with all the people I care about and who live far from here."

"Sono direttore portale web Arte in Umbria.net che vuole rappresentare l'arte umbra
 nel mondo. Noi rappresentiamo l'immagine artigiana Umbra e non, per la fotografia,
 l'artigianato, la scultura, la pittura. La creatività di Arte in Umbria è di dipingere 
uova di struzzo in tecnica liberty sia in acrilico che oli speciali e resine."

"I am director of the website Arte in Umbria.net that represents Umbrian art in the world. We represent Umbrian artisians and not only Umbrians, for photography, hand-made items, sculpture, painting. The creativity of  Arte in Umbria is to paint directly on ostrich eggs in Liberty style with either acrylics, special oils or resins."

(chiesto alla ragazza a sinistra) "A te è un problema essere carina? Va bene questa come domanda, ti piace?"
"E' un bel argomento. A volte diventa più importante che quello che sta dietro nella testa di una persona. Perche delle volte le persone ti vedono solo in superfie e non per quello che sei. Studiando fisica in un mondo essenzialmente maschile rischio di apparire che sminuisce il mio lavoro."

(I asked the girl on the left)"Is it a problem for you, being attractive? Is this alright as a question, do you like it?"
"It's a good discussion. Sometimes it becomes more important than what is inside the head of a person. Because sometimes people see you only on the surface rather than for what you really are. Studying physics in a world that is essentially male, I risk standing out, which  lessens the importance of my work."

(ragazza a destra) "Che cosa cerchi negli occhi degli altri?" "La verità. Guardare negli occhi delle persone per me significa in anzitutto stabilire un contatto, condividere sinceramente le emozioni nella verità. Mi hanno detto è impossibile non essere se stessi perchè il tuo sguardo sembra che conosci la verità."

(girl on the right) "What is it that you look for in the eyes of others?" "I look for truth. Looking into the eyes of  people for me means, above all, to establish a contact, sincerely share emotions of truth. I have been told that it is impossible for others not to be themselves when they look at me, because my eyes seem to know the truth."

"Il bello di questo lavoro al pubblico è perche incontri e conosci persone, ognuna che ti può insegnare qualcosa. Ognuno ha sua storia, la sua vita. Stare al pubblico è come fare lo psicologo."

"The nice thing about working with the public is that you meet and get to know people, everyone can teach you something. Everyone has their own story, their own life. Being with the public is like being a psychologist."

"L'Italia sta nei nostri cuori. Viva l'Italia!"
"Italy is in our hearts. Long live Italy!"

"Lei è appassionato dal suo lavoro?"
"Più che passione è soddisfazione più che mai. Dopo molti sacrifici per produrre i nostri prodotti i clienti ci dicono che i prosciutti o quest'olio di oliva o carne hanno un sapore diverso che non ricordavano da quando erano bambini."

"Are you passionate about your work?"
"More than passion it is satisfaction, more than anything. After much sacrifices to produce our products, clients say that our prosciutto or our olive oil or meats have a flavor that is different, that they haven't tasted since they were youngsters."

"Ho cominciato a giocare a calcio all'età di 6 anni. Quando iniziai vedevo il mondo di calcio come un puro e sano divertimento. Progressivamente capivo che il calcio di oggi purtroppo non è più sano e puro divertimento ma un grosso business legato al divertimento. Io oggi ancora gioco e mi diverto e lo farò fino che posso."

"I began playing soccer when I was 6 years old. When I started playing I saw the world of soccer as pure and healthy fun. Afterwards I understoon that unfortunately soccer of today isn't the healthy and pure fun game it was, but a big business tied to the fun part. I still play today and I have fun, and I'll continue playing as long as I can."

"Anch'io ho cominciato a giocare a calcio a 6 anni." "Per quale motivo ti piaceva da ragazzo?"
"Mi piaceva perchè frequentavo altri bambini e comunque c'era una visione differente del giocare a calcio, si rideva di più da bambino. Si pensava solo al gioco ed a divertirsi e stare bene."

"I also began playing soccer at 6 years old." "Why did you like the game when you were a kid?" "I liked it because I was together with other kids, and however, there was a different view of the game then. One laughed more as a child. We only thought about the game, enjoying it and having fun."

"Che cos'è questa macchina che riprende dall'alto la nostra amata Sandrì?"
"E' un'attrezzatura per fotografi fatta e modificata da noi che da la possibilità di riprendere in movimento dall'alto verso il basso e vice versa, in maniera fluida. Noi, malgrado il momento e la crisi (siamo 3 ragazzi, trentenne) unti dalla passione per la fotografia e video  ci siamo messi in gioco aprendo uno studio fotografico."

"What is this machine that is able to photograph from above our beloved bar Sandri?"
"It's equipment for photographers that we made and modified that gives us the possibility to film, in movement from above to below and visa versa, in a flowing manner. We, in spite of the difficult economic moment we are going through ( we are three thirty-year olds), united by the passion we have for photography and video, decided to get together and open up a photographic studio."

"Vorrei parlare della semplicità, nel senso di sapere apprezzare ogni minima cosa che si presenta.
 Oggi c'è  un raggio di sole, e ne sono contenta."

"I'd like to talk about simplicity, in the sense of knowing how to appreciate even the smallest things that occure. Today for example there is a bit of sunshine, and this makes me happy."

"Sono erede di una famiglia di artigiani di Perugia che hanno sempre lavorato in questo laboratorio attualmente gestito da mio figlio."  Da quanti anni ci siete?" "Da circa 100 anni; prima l'attività di famiglia si svolgeva in un'ambiente situato sotto le Loggi di Braccio al fiano al Duomo di Perugia. La nostra attività si svolge in particolare nell'ambito del restauro di mobili e opere d'arte. Si dedica alla progettazione di interni e creazione di oggetti da arredo."

"I inherited this activity from a family of artisians of Perugia who always worked in this laboratory that is currently run by my son." "How many years has that been?" "About 100 years; before that the family's activity was in a space that was situated under the Loggi di Braccio at the side of the Duomo of Perugia. Our activity deals mainly with the restoration of furniture and works of art. We also work on projecting interior design and creating  interior design objects."


"La pizza - un prodotto veramente naturale (acqua, farina, pomodoro, mozzarella) e vari ingredienti tipo verdure, prosciutto ecc, che soddisfa i fabbisogni di tutti i nostri clienti per la maggior parte Università per Stranieri.  Per questo motivo tutti i giorni mi alzo dandogli con vero amore e passione il meglio di me."

"Pizza - a product that is really natural (water, flour, tomato, mozzarella) and various other ingredients such as vegetables, prosciutto, etc, that satisfies the daily requirements of all of our clients, for the most part from the University for Foreigners. For this reason, every day I wake up, dedicating myself to this work, giving love and passion, and the best I have to give."

"Piace moltissimo perchè è digiribilissima. Fatte con ingredienti semplici ma genuini e di qualità." "Qual'è la pizza più popolare?" "Togliendo la margherita (oramai un classico) piace tanto prosciutto cotto e patate. Una che abbiamo fatta da poco è una pizza ripiena con prosciutto cotto, pomodoro e mozzarella che va a ruba."

"Everyone likes pizza because it is so easy to digest. It's made with the most simple ingredients that are genuine and of top quality". "Which kind do people like the best?" "Putting aside tomato and mozzarella (which is a classic) we sell a lot of ham and potato, but one that we just made is a filled pizza with cooked ham, tomato and mozzarella which people just love."

"La diversita arrichisce l'esperienza di ognuno e anche quella collettiva. E quindi le persone devono imparare ad aprirsi alla diversità." 
"Diversity enriches the experience of each one of us, and also that of a group.Therefore it is important to learn to open oneself to diversity."


(ragazzo in bianco) "La vita è un sogno che va immaginato e creato in base
 agli obiettivi che uno ha fin da piccolo." (ragazzo in blu) ""Nella vita non è importante le carte che hai ma come le giochi." "Tu, già ci stai giocando?" "Ci sto giocando al meglio ma ancora ho qualche asso nella manica."

(boy in white) "Life is a dream that you imagine and create based on objectives you had every since childhood." (boy in blue) "In life it isn't important which cards you have but how you play the game." "Are you already playing the game?" "I'm playing the best I can, but I still have a few cards up my sleeve."


"Ognuno è artista nella sua vita."
"Vorrei capire di più."
"Ognuno nella sua vita quotidiana è un'artista se fa al meglio tutto quello che fa."

"Everyone in their own life is an artist."
"I'd like to understand better."
"Each person in their daily life is an artist if they do the best in everything they do."

"Il tuo bel sorriso viene spontaneamente?"
"Sono una persona molto solare. Mi piace la vita e gli aspetti positivi della vita perchè ho conosciuto  molti aspetti  negativi, molto negativi. Conoscendo i lati negativi della vita riesco ad apprezzare le piccole cose."

"Does your smile come spontaneously?"
"I have a very warm personality. I love life and the positive aspects of it, because I have known  negative aspects, very negative.  Knowing those negative things I am able to appreciate even the
 smallest  things in life."

"Parlo di corraggio in generale. E' una cosa molto bella che non ha un'età precisa. Secondo me tutti ce l'hanno soltanto uno ha bisogno di togliere i piccoli pensieri cattivi o brutti per andare avanti nella proprio vita perchè nessuno è nato con un potere, o soldi o del bene. Ognuno ha vissuto, ha provato sia delle cose belle e brutte. Auguro a tutti la forza e buona volontà di fare le cose in cui credono."
"Hai cominciato a parlare anche del lavoro..."
"Invito tutti a cercare il lavoro, a credere nella loro potenza. Il lavoro non viene a casa tua, tu devi uscire a trovarlo."

"I want to talk about courage in general. It is a very beautiful thing that doesn't have any particular age. In my opinion everyone has it, you just have to let go of little bad or ugly thoughts to go ahead in your own life because nobody is born with power, or money, or material things. Everyone has lived, had had good and bad things. I wish everyone to find the energy and good intentions to do the things you believe in."
"You spoke also about work....."
"I invite everyone to look for work, to believe in your own energy. Work doesn't come directly to your home, you have to go out and find it."


"Un sogno nel cassetto è di comprare una macchina nuova tutta mia, diventare un bravo ingegnere
 e se è possibile trovare una ragazza."
"Che qualità principale dovrebbe avere una ragazza?"
"La dolcezza e il modo di fare. Mi accontento di poco."

"My dream  is to buy my own new car, become a good engineer and if possible, find a girlfriend."
"What principal quality should a girl have?"
"Sweetness and a nice way of being. I'm happy with just that."

"Sono quasi cento anni che produciamo porchetta sempre cotto nel forno a legno."
"C'è qualche cosa di particolare che è mai successo nella vendita della porchetta?"
"A tutti piace ma in particolare modo ai Cinesi, soprattutto agli studenti che sono all'Università per Stranieri. In più abbiamo un progetto di francising con la porchetta in tutta l'Europa."

"It has been almost one hundred years that we have produced our porchetta
 (baked ham) in a wooden stove."
"Is there anything, any particularity that ever happened in your selling of porchetta?"
"Everyone likes porchetta, but especially the Chinese students who frequent University for Stranieri, they love it. Besides that, we are in the process of selling it throughout Europe, creating a franchising."

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Uno straordinario incontro con questa donna, farmacista. Oggi ha avuto un furto nella sua farmacia, ma è stata disponibile a lasciare dei pensieri particolarmente positivi e belli. Un grande piacere conoscerla.

An extraordinary encounter with this woman, pharmacist. Today she had a robbery in her pharmacy
 but still she was willing to be photographed and share especially positive and lovely thoughts.
 A real pleasure to meet her. 
"Io parlo della potenza dello spirito. In due parole, continuare a credere sempre nei propri progetti e valori augurando del bene al prossimo, anche a chi ci fa del male. L'universo ci ricompenserà in abbondanza."

"I'll talk about the power of the spirit. In just two words, always continue to believe in your own 
projects and values, wishing the best for others, even to those who do us wrong. The universe
 will pay us back generously."

"Io faccio un bel banco di pesci fritti di mare e di lago. E i Perugini lo apprezzano. Ho un 
banco di pesce fresco di mare e di lago."

"I have a nice selection of fried fish from the sea and the lake. The Perugians appreciate it.
 I also have lots of fresh fish from both the sea and the lake."

"Che pensi che la gente dovrebbe imparare qui?"
"Devono pensare un pò più  altri e non solo a se stessi. Per esempio, qualche volta c'è
 razzismo, qualche volta quando uno vede un cinese dice qualcosa di non gentile
. Dovrebbero pensare che l'altra persone si sente male. Dovrebbero pensare di
 essere più gentili verso gli altri."

"What do you think that people should learn here?"
"They should learn to think about others rather than of themselves. For example, sometime there
 is racism. Sometimes people see a Chinese person and they say things that aren't nice. They should think that it makes that person feel bad. They should be nicer towards others."

"Ho fatto la mia prima vacanza. Sono partita il primo gennaio e sono tornata il 6. Sono andata a Parigi, bellissimo e ho avuto esperienze interiori che dopo hanno prodotto dei cambiamenti."

"I took my very first vacation. I left on the first of January and returned on the 6th. I went to Paris, which was beautiful. I was moved emotionally with interior experiences that produced in me real changes."

"I Perugini sono molto accoglienti. Io sono 32 anni che lavoro in Umbria, mi sono trovato benissimo. Non Le ho detto una cosa. Ci sono anche delle belle donne qui a Perugia, non si può mettere?"

"The Perugians are very friendly. I've worked here in Umbria for 32 years, and I have enjoyed it immensely. I didn't tell you something, there are also some beautiful women here in Perugia, you can't write that too?"


"Nonostante tutto Perugia continua ad essere una splendida città"

"In spite of everything Perugia continues to be a splendid city."


"Perugia città antica e città moderna. Mi ritrovo nella storia antica dei valori fondamentali
 riportati nella naturalizzazione della città. Dove mi giro c'è tranquillità,
 c'è voglia di vivere e credere in un futuro."

"Perugia, ancient city, modern city. I feel myself in the ancient history of fundamental 
values found in the foundation of the city. Wherever I go I find tranquillity, there's
 a love for life and the desire to believe in the future."

"She is the joy of our family and we are all in love with her, because she'an
 adorable puppy and actually is just that. For me personally, she's like a third daughter."

"E' la gioia della nsotra famiglia e siamo tutti innamorati di lei perch' è una cucciola adorabile, 
è veramente così. Per me, personalmente è come una terza figlia."
"E' stato un incontro molto interessante che ci ha dato la possibilità di conoscere una
 persona amante della socialità tra gli umani. Il lavoro che sta facendo denota in questa persona uno spirito di grande curiosità verso umanità. Merita ogni elogio."

"It has been a very interesting meeting that has made it able to know a person who loves the social aspect between human beings. The work that you are doing shows in this person a spirit of great curiosity towards humanity. You deserve our to be complimented."

(e la signora dice...)
"La mia vita è una vita a metà da quando non sto più bene. Speriamo......"
"My life is only half a life, every since I am not well. Let's hope......"

"In che modo sei diverso da altri ragazzi della tua età?"
"Credo che io sia diverso perchè noto cose in persone che sono meno ovvie. Un semplice dettaglio di una persona può rivelare qualche cosa di nascosto nella persona che ti sta di fronte."
"Per esempio?"
"Per esempio mi ricordo una scene dove stavo in un negozio e davanti a me c'era una ragazza. Per primo ho notato come era vestita, poì a suo viso. Ho capito come il suo essere totale era in armonia, e che stava proprio bene."
"Come era vestita?"
"Aveva un paio di jeans chiari, una maglietta a maniche corte, con un teschio con dei fiori. Ho guardato suo viso e ho visto che aveva occhi bellissimi. Ora, è la mia fidanzata."
"In what way do you think you are different from other guys your age?"

"I think that I am different from others because I notice the less obvious things about a person. A simple detail about a person can reveal something hidden in the person who is in front of me."

"For example?"



"For example I always remember a scene where I was in a store and in front of me was this girl. First I looked at how she was dressed, then I looked at her face. I then realized how her total being seemed to be in harmony, and she looked really nice. "

"How was she dressed?"



"She had on light blue jeans, a short-sleeved tee shirt with a skull on it with flowers. I looked at her face and saw that she had beautiful eyes. Now, she's my girlfriend."



"Uno dovrebbe vivere la vita come se fosse l'ultimo giorno. E' tutto quà."

"One should live their life as if it were their very last day. That's all."

"Che cose ti fa ridere?"
"Rido a qualche cosa che ha da fare con me, o amici e famiglia. Anche a barzellete simpatiche."
"E che tipo di giornata ti fa felice?"
"Quando sono insieme a famiglia e amici, tutti insieme in armonia,  questo mi fa felice."

"What makes you laugh?"

"I laugh at something that has something to do with myself, or friends and family. Also at funny jokes."

"And what kind of day makes you happy?"

"When I am together with family and friends, everyone peacefully together, that makes me happy."


"Perugian dialect is the local language of the city. Like all dialects it is in the process of becoming more Italianized. However, it is used in various environments that helps us to not forget it. Young people, through the net and various websites use it in a creative way that identifies them through the dialect (they are proud to belong to a community) that was almost lost and now found once again. The other use of the dialect is its being used in an expressive artistic way. Theater using dialect, music with certain themes and words from the Perugian dialect, and through poetry, that in the last several years has become more and more popular and has blossomed. "

"How do you feel about the Perugian dialect?"

"This was the language I was brought up with and so, it is something I feel deeply attached to."

 "Il dialetto perugino è il linguaggio locale della città. Come tutti i dialetti sta iniziando un processo di italianizzazione. Tuttavia esso viene usato in varie circostanze per aiutarci a non dimenticarlo. I giovani, tramite la rete e i vari siti web, lo usano in modo creativo identificandosi attraverso il dialetto (essendo orgogliosi di appartenere ad una comunità) che era quasi perduto ed ora ritrovato. Altro uso del dialetto è nelle espressioni in modo artistico. Si usa il dialetto nel teatro, nella musica con certi temi e parole del dialetto perugino e attraverso la poesia che negli ultimi anni è sbocciato diventando sempre più popolare." "Come ti senti rispetto al dialetto perugino?" "Era il linguaggio con cui sono cresciuto e così, è qualcosa a cui mi sento profondamente legato."


(Lui dice) "Perugia mi piace, mi piace tanto questa città. E la gente è molto disponibile.
Io vengo da Napoli. Napoli è bella da vedere ma mi dispiace dirlo è diventato troppo invivibile c'è poco futuro."

(He says)"Perugia is a city that I like a lot. People are very willing to help. I come from Naples. Naples is beautiful to visiti, but I am sorry to say, it has become a city that is hard to live in, there's no future."

(Lei dice) "Volevo dire che ho la malinconia della mia bellissima città Napoli. Ma per l'amore mi sono trasferita a Perugia perchè ho grandi progetti a crearmi un futuro con la persona che amo."
(She says) "I wanted to say that I am very homesick for my beautiful city, Naples. But for love I have moved to Perugia because I have a big project to build my future with the person that I love."

"Quello che mi piace tanto in riguardo ai bambini in generale è il senso di attacamento della dipendenza che hanno degli adulti. Mia nipote rifletta in se la gioia di vivere."

"That which I like so much about children in generale is that sense of being so attached and dependent on adults. My niece reflects within herself the joy of living."
"Perugia è una città di arte, storia e cultura che nulla ha a che vedere con l'immagine di violenza e droga che la stampa anche internazionale ha cucito addosso."

"Perugia is a city of art, history and culture that has nothing to do with the image of violence and drugs that the press, even international press has sewn onto it."

"Faccio questo lavoro con grande passione che ci lega da ormai tanto tempo. Tutto è esclusivamente fatto a mano seguendo la mia antica tecnica della produzione."

"I have been doing this work with great passion for a long time. Everything is exclusively made by hand following my antique technique of production."

"Le piante sono simile alle persone?"
"Indubbiamente, sì. Le piante esprimono sensibilità, dipende da noi a percepirle e capire le loro esigenze."

"Are plants similar to people?"
"Yes, without a doubt.  Plants express their sensitivity, it depends on us to be aware of them and to understand their needs."

"Do you have a hobby?"

"I have plenty of hobbies and make lots of things. I make bouquets to celebrate newborns, bouquets for any kind of celebration. I do decoupage on stones, for example with images of saints, here (on her phone) you can see Padre Pio. I make bracelets, neckalaces, earrings and pins, that' all! I make them and then give them in charities and various lotteries.I give them to the friends of the grandchildren of my friends. I give gifts to everyone. I've always helped everybody in my life. I was a professional nurse."

"Lei ha un hobby?"
"Ho moltissime hobby e faccio tante cose. Faccio dei bouquet per nascite, bouquet per qualsiasi celebrazione. Faccio decoupage su sassi, per esempio con immagini di santi, qui (sul suo telefono) può vedere Padre Pio. Faccio bracciali, collane, orrecchini e spille. E' tutto! Li faccio e li regalo per la carità e lotterie. Li regalo alle amiche dei nipoti delle mie amiche. Do regali a tutti. Ho sempre aiutato tutti nella mia vita. Sono stata un'infermiera professionale."

"It's really very simple, the concept I have about life is very clear: Live each day with a smile in the morning, and a smile at night. And that's enough, because everything else is unreal; the only meaning of life is life itself."
"Why do you think that people haven't yet understood this simple rule of life?"
"Because being simple, is actually a great challenge.

"Veramente è veramente molto semplice, il concetto che ho in riguardo alla vita: Vivere ogni giorno con un sorriso dalla mattina alla sera. E questo basta, perchè tutto il resto è irreale; l'unico significato della vita è la vita stessa." "Perchò pensi che la gente ancora non ha capito questa regola così semplice?" "Perchè essere semplice è veramente una grande sfida."



"Could you partecipate in this project, similar to one started in New York....?"
"An interesting project, on the same line with New York because I believe that Perugia is starting to get closer to the Bronx area of New York. Let's hope that there will be a change in this tendency on the part of our politicians, so that future generations will be able to return to walking down Corso Vannucci in tranquility."
and in Italian................

"Potresti partecipare a questo progetto, simile ad uno cominciato a New York...."

"Un progetto interessante, in parallelo con New York perchè secondo me, Perugia si sta avvicinando molto al Bronx Newyorkese. Speriamo che ci sia un'inversione della tendenza da parte dei nostri politici a finche le generazioni future possono tornare a passeggiare per Corso Vannucci in tranquilità."



"How would you spend a very special kind of day?"

"A very special day woul be a day in which I see all of my family together again with my girlfriend and friends. We would spend the day laughing and joking around. This would be a beautiful day."

 "Sono una persona molto serena perchè faccio un lavoro che mi piace tanto e mi sento 
tanto voluta bene dai miei clienti." "Che lavoro fai?" "Creamo delle cose insieme di lana,
seta, cashmere, con tanti colori. E' molto interessante e molto bello il mio lavoro."

"I'm a very serene person, because I have a job that I really enjoy and I feel I'm appreciated by my clients."
"What work do you do?" "We create things that are made of wool, silk, cashmere, with lots of colors. It's an interesting job and I really love it."


"Non ho studiato molto ma ho conosciuto la storia del Cavallo Pazzo e sono come lui, ho deciso di essere come lui, fiero, orgoglioso e rispettoso degli altri."

 "I didn't study much but I know about the story of Crazy Horse, and I am like him, I decided that I want to become like him. He's proud and confident and respectful of others."

"Non so come dirlo, ma quello che vorrei trasmettere alle persone che mi conoscono (ed anche io a lei) è che nonostante tutto, la vita è una cosa meravigliosa."

"I don't know how to say it, but what I would like to transmit to people who know me (and also to you) is that in spite of everything, life is a marvelous thing."


While checking out in a big hardware store, met this man who was quite willing to partecipate: 


"Il lavoro non ci spaventa. Sono un artigiano, facciamo 10, 12 ore al giorno e quello che facciamo non è sufficiente per andare avanti. Le cose aumentano, le spese fisse aumentano ed gli incassi si riducono."

"Work doesn't scare us. I'm an artisian, we work 10 or 12 hours a day, and that which we make isn't enough to live on. Things go up in price, and normal expenses increase, and our income is less than before."

This man was cutting some board for me....

"Come sarebbe la sua giornata ideale?"
"Una giornata ideale non sarebbe al lavoro, questo no. Sarebbe senza avere nessun problema, che scorre tutta liscia."
"E dove vorrebbe passare questa giornata?"
"Naturalmente in un posto pieno di pace e tranquilità. Se sto diventando troppo filosofo, questo è un problema."

"How would your ideal day be?"
"An ideal day wouldn't be at work, this no. It would be a day without any problems, that everything would go nice and smooth."
"And where would this day be?"
"Naturally in a place that was totally peaceful and tranquill. If I am becoming too philosophical, this is a problem."

"La vita è come un libro di matematica, piena di equazioni e problemi. E nel libro della mia vita ci sono stati più problemi su di me che in un libro di matematica. Life is a jungle!" (la vita è una giungla)

"Life is like a math book, full of equations and problems. And in the book of my life there have been more problems about me than in a book full of math. Life is a jungle!"


"Che preferisce, il silenzio oppure tanto attività e rumore?"
"Il silenzio! C'è riflessione e un pò di riservatezza nel silenzio."
"Che pensa della gente in generale, ama il silenzio?"
"La gente apre la bocca per dar fiato senza sapere quello che dice."
"Ed i suoi amici?"
"Sì, lo apprezzano. Poì c'è anche un vecchio proverbio, A star zitta non si sbaglia mai. Se ci pensa un attimino, è vero."
------

"What do you prefer, silence or a room with activity and noise?"
"Silence! There is a sense of reflection and reserve in silence."
"What do you think about people in general, do they like silence?"
"People open there mouths just to give out air, without knowing what they are saying."
"And your friends?"
"Yes, they appreciate it. Then, there is also an old proverb. To be silent, you never can go wrong. If you think about it a moment, it's true."




(girl on the left)
"Live life to the fullest. Also, will real love come my way? (with a BIG question mark!)"
(girl on the right)
"Life is like a game; you have to be a good player. And don't lose your human qualities while playing the game"



Here's a man who talks about the dialect he grew up with, Perugino 
"Perugian dialect is the local language of the city. Like all dialects it is in the process of becoming more Italianized. However, it is used in various environments that helps us to not forget it. Young people, through the net and various websites use it in a creative way that identifies them through the dialect (they are proud to belong to a community) that was almost lost and now found once again. The other use of the dialect is its being used in an expressive artistic way. Theater using dialect, music with certain themes and words from the Perugian dialect, and through poetry, that in the last several years has become more and more popular and has blossomed. "

"How do you feel about the Perugian dialect?"
"This was the language I was brought up with and so, it is something I feel deeply attached to."

And in Italian..........
"Il dialetto Perugino è la lingua locale della città. Come tutti i dialetti sta nel processo di diventare sempre più italianizzato. Comunque, è utilizzato in vari ambienti che ci aiutano ad non essere dimenticato. I giovani, tramite la rete e qualche sito, lo utilizzano in un modo creativo che li identificano tramite il dialetto (sono orgogliosi di apartenere ad una comunità) che era quasi perso e ritrovato ancora. L'altro uso del dialetto è che è utilizzato in un modo espressivo creativo. Il teatro, la musica in qualche brano e qualche parola dal dialetto, e dalla poesia, che negli ultimi anni è diventato sempre più popolare e fiorita."

"E lei personalmente come si sente del dialetto?"

"Mi sono cresciuto con questa lingua, ed allora per me è qualcosa a cui sono molto attacato."
Here is a barber....

"In this little shop that is situated near the University for Foreigners one day I found that I had five clients in here who represented every continent of the world. There was someone from Oceanic, from New Zealand, then there was someonefrom Japan, and that's Asia. There was an African and from Marocco and also from Equador, he's a client who continues to come here. Also an American."
"Were they friends?"
"No, the last two though continue to be clients."
"How is it working with all these different nationalities?"
"Let's say it is really great, actually the word that expresses it is interesting. Interesting because you get to know about other cultures of other people, and that is a wonderful thing."




 "In questo piccolo negozio situato vicino ll'Università per Stranier ho scoperto un giorno che avevo cinque clienti che provenivano da tutti i continenti del mondo. C'era uno dell'Oceania, dalla Nuova Zelanda, poi uno da Giappone che è in Asia. C'era un africano dal Marocco e anche uno dall'Equador, è un cliente abituale. Anche un americano." "Sono amici tuoi?" "No, gli ultimi due però sono clienti abituali." "Come ci si trova a lavorare con tutte queste nazionalità diverse?" "Devo dire che è veramente gradevole, in realtà le parole che dicono sono interessanti Interessanti perchè ti portano a conoscere altre culture, e ciò è una cosa meravigliosa."





"My phrase is that people who are beautiful are those who know how to care for others in many different ways. For example for me, caring for others is even cooking for them. A beautiful person is someone who makes others feel good."

"La frase mia è che le persone belle sono quelle che sanno prendersi cura degli altri in molti modi. Per esempio per me prendere cura degli altri è anche cucinare per loro. Le persone belle sono quelle che fanno  stare bene gli altri."


Oggi a Pian di Massiano, l'incontro con questo signore, bimba e cane. Le sue parole erano proprio belle, semplici ed importanti.

Qui l'Italiano: La cosa importante è la bellezza di stare insieme ad amici, ed anche incontrare nuove persone che divatano amici. (ed animali?) Sono come persone (in quel momento il cane gli ha dato una zampa da tenere), vede, non gli ho chiesto proprio niente. Delle volte sono piccole cose come questa che ha un significato più grande. Con tutti i problemi che può avere una persona, queste sono piccole gocce di soddisfazione."

"The important thing is the pleasure of being together with friends, and also meeting new people who then become friends."
"What about animals, how do you feel about them?"
"It's like a person (in the moment of the photo the dog gave hispaw for the owner to hold), see, I didn't even ask the dog to do anything at all. At times it's just these small things that have a bigger meaning. With all the problems that a person may have, these are little drops of satisfaction."

Here is a runner in the park.....
"With more effort we could improve the environment and the health of the public, helping to 
have enormous savings on health care." "How do you personally live in our environment?"

"I run 40-50 minutes a day, everyday. Then, the rest of the day I dedicate to a consumers association. The time that remains after that, I devote to relaxation and family."

"Is it important for you to be original, to have a very original look?"
"I don't do anything at all to look original, it's just how I am."
"What is happiness for you?"
"In particular, it's to be together with friends. Maximum number, about 5."
"And what quality do these friends have that you like the most?"
"They're ironic."

"E' importante per lei essere originale, avere un "look" originale?"
"Io non faccio niente, è come sono normalmente."
"Che cos'è la felicità per Lei?"
"In particolare, è stare insieme ad amici. Il numero massimo, circa 5."
"E qual'è la qualità che hanno questi amici che le piace di più?"
"Sono ironici."


"Do you have a hobby?"

"I like to fish, river fishing on the Tevere or Chiasscio rivers."

"What sensation does fishing give you?" "Marvelous. That's the right word for it. Because there are some places where you are completely away from everyday life. It gives me a particular feeling. Actually it's like for a moment you are in another world."

"This is beautiful to hear. It's like when I paint, I feel like I am far away from everything."

"We are probably the ten percent of people who feel like this, others don't understand it at all."  




"Ha un hobby?"

"Mi piace la pesca, sui fiumi Tevere o Chiasscio". "Che sensazione le dà?" "Meraviglioso, questa è la parola giusta che lo descrive. Veramente in certi posti stai completamente lontano dalla vita di ogni giorno. Ti da un sentimento particolare, come in un momento stai in un altro mondo." "Questo è bello sentire, è così per me quando dipingo."

"Noi siamo probabilmente solo il dieci percento delle persone che si sentono così, gli altri non lo capiscono."


"Do you like the outdoors?"
"Being out in the open is a wonderful thing."
"How does it make you feel?"
"I feel useful by cleaning the grounds and I like to be out and together with lots of people and at times meet friends."

"Le piace stare all'aria aperta?"
"Stare all'aria aperta è una cosa bellissima."
"Come lo fa sentire?"
"Mi sento utile a pulire il parco, e mi piace essere fuori ed insieme a tanta gente, e alle volte incontro degli amici."




No comments:

Post a Comment